RE: Closure Update
I am writing to inform you about the arrangements concerning the Academy closure following the announcement by the government.
During this period of closure students will be able to access learning resources online via the Academy website using the following link which will also include specific times where they will be able to interact with their teacher and ask for help and support in their work. https://coventry.graceacademy.org.uk/2020/03/student-resources/. All students have been provided with up to date details regarding how to log on. If you have informed us that your child is unable to access the internet at home, your child will have received a learning pack on Thursday 19th March to take home.
Those students who are entitled to a free school meal will be able to collect a take away lunch from the Academy between 12.00 and 1.00 pm daily for as long as the Academy remains open. If you wish to have a take away lunch provided for your child please contact us and we will prepare this for them.
Expectations during closure
- All students should follow their usual timetable. Year timetables are on the website to support the organisation of this time at home.
- Students should log into their lessons according to this timetable.
- Staff will be available in the Google classrooms to offer support during lesson time and respond to student queries.
- Materials during this time will focus on independent work, self and peer marking.
- Staff will be available for communication via email from parents within the hours of 8.30am and 3.00pm. Please be aware that staff will be working in the Google classrooms and may not be able to respond to your email queries immediately. In addition, staff will not be available from 1.10pm – 1.50pm.
- If you have any safeguarding concerns please telephone MASH (Multi-agency Support Hub) 02476 788555. We also have further details regarding safeguarding on our website.
We will continue to keep parents informed via text, website and email (if you have provided an up to date email address). We do not yet have details regarding when we will be fully open again to all students but will communicate to you when we do.
We have been working hard behind the scenes in the ever changing landscape to put in place provision to ensure that your child can continue learning. Staff will be continuing to develop resources over the coming weeks in order to support work at home.
Can all parents follow the advice given by the government that even if parents are identified on the key workers list, they should still keep children at home where it is safe to do so. We would also like to advise students against holding/attending large social gatherings over the weekend/while schools are closed.
Thank you for your continued support. I would like to wish you and your family the best of health in the coming weeks.
Ms Janina Taylor