You will no doubt be following the daily news about the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. I therefore wanted to write to you to give you my assurance that the school is taking all the nationally recommended advice to protect children and staff.
We are receiving daily updates, including advice for returning travellers, and we are acting accordingly. While it is clearly a concerning situation, the risk remains low to individuals in the UK and the advice from the Government is that wherever possible we should be carrying on as normal. At the same time, we are planning to make sure we are well prepared for all eventualities.
We would recommend you look at the following sources of information to keep yourself informed of all the latest information and advice:
- The Department for Education has established a helpline to answer questions about COVID-19
related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
- Detailed information and advice for the public and returning travellers can be found on the NHS.uk website (and will be regularly updated): www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Further information for the public about the situation can be found here (and will be regularly
Following simple steps remain the best ways of helping to protect yourself and others from all flu-like viruses. They include:
- Washing your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Otherwise, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 70% alcohol
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
Ms Janina Taylor
The full letter can be downloaded here