As we come to the end of our first term I would like to thank all students for how well they have adapted to the new learning environment at the Academy. During this half term we have celebrated many achievements such as, Building Healthy Relationships Days, Anti-Bullying and Careers Events. Our end of term newsletter provides an overview of some of these.
Start of Term Arrangements:
As you may be aware the government has recently announced a staggered start to the term. We will still be having a training day on Monday 4th January. The start of term for students will be as follows:
Year IIS and 13s: Return to the Academy 5th January as usual
Years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12: Remain at home and work remotely via Google Classrooms
Years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12: Return to the Academy on 11th January 2021
If you are a Critical Key Worker eg NHS and require your child to attend the Academy can you please inform us of this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Academy office on 02476 589000. We require this information by Wednesday 23rd December 3pm. You will need to supply the following information:
- Student Name o Critical worker parent job role (Evidence will need to be provided)
- Which days the provision will be required for
Track and Trace over the holidays:
- As part of track and trace if your child receives a positive Covid-19 test between the 19th-24th
December can you complete the details following the link https://forms.gle/GtMNb9u7eTrJqvrP6
Reminder of expectations:
Unfortunately, not all students are adhering to the uniform expectations. For the start of the New Year students will need to meet the expectations of wearing full Academy uniform which includes:
- Academy blazer with sleeves rolled down
- Academy tie
- White shirt
- Black trousers to be full-length and below the ankle Black skirts are optional for girls but must be knee length
- Black socks to fully cover the foot and ankle
- Smart black shoes
- No false/acrylic nails
- Natural looking make-up
- No false eyelashes
- No mobile phones/electronic devices — will be confiscated if seen
Christmas Bumper Edition of the Academy Newsletter:
This newsletter focuses on sharing some of the work which has been going on in the Academy since September 2020. To access the newsletter please click on this link https://bit.ly/3nxd9iK
Events taking place in the New Year: Launch of Student Leadership
- Sixth Form Taster Week
- Careers Events o Ethos Events and Interventions
- Year 8 Virtual Parents Evening — 11.02.2020
Thank you for your continued support.
We are looking forward to continuing our partnership together in 2021.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.