Following the national Covid-19 updated guidance the DFE has stated that:
From 17 May, in line with Step 3 of the roadmap, face coverings will no longer be recommended for pupils and students in classrooms or communal areas, in all schools and FE providers. Face coverings will also no longer be recommended for staff in classrooms. In all schools and FE providers, we continue to recommend that face coverings should be worn by staff and visitors in situations outside of classrooms where social distancing is not possible (for example, when moving around in corridors and communal areas).
As such, from Monday 17th May 2021 we will have the following changes at Grace Academy:
- Students must continue to wear their face masks on entry to the academy
- Students must wear their face masks when moving around the academy, in corridors and at break and lunchtime
- Students no longer need to wear face masks in lessons, and can remove them once they are in their lesson and sat at their desks; however if a student wishes to wear a mask in the classroom, they may do so
- Students must put on their face mask at the end of their lesson, when instructed to by their teacher, whilst still sat at their desk, before being dismissed from the classroom
It is important that as the transmission rate continues to reduce that we all continue to follow all guidance and hygiene standards. A reminder that masks must be removed in the following way in the classroom:
Disposable masks placed in the lidded bin in the classroom
- Re-wearable masks to be placed in a plastic bag and placed within the student’s school bag
- Masks must be removed by the ‘loops’ and not by touching the front of the mask
- Hand sanitiser must be used immediately following the removal of the mask before touching any other surfaces
- Masks must not be placed on any surface
- Students must not share masks
Thank you for your continued support during these times; as guidance changes we will continue to keep you updated.
Ms J Taylor