I hope this letter finds you and your family safe and well.
As we come to the end of this half term I would like to thank students and parents for their active engagement with the Academy and the positive return we have seen since March 8th.
This half term has included:
- Evidence Collection Activities (ECAs) took place for Year 11 and Year 13 in order to support the evidence put forward for the Teacher Assessed Grades in 2021
- Year 7 Parents’ Evening
- Lessons delivered to our Year 7 and 9 students by our school link officers from the local police constabulary. Students were provided with the information and knowledge they need to be safe; particularly with relevant issues to the local community, such as raising awareness of the implications around use of violence and weapons.
- Small groups and 1:1 interventions have taken place; led by our Youth Worker, Grace Foundation and Think For The Future.
- Water Saving Week saw us launch the ‘Toilet Twinning Initiative’ within our Academy. All students and staff became involved in fundraising for such a life changing cause. We have so far been able to twin 15 toilets by the generosity of all.
- Assemblies and tutor activities have focused on topics such as ‘The importance of Fairtrade’, ‘Effective ways of Revising’ and ‘Building Character and Values’ to name a few.
Next half term
Year 11 and 6th Form
We are holding our Y11 6th Form induction day on June 21st 2021. This day will give all applicants an opportunity to learn more about their potential courses and our wider 6th Form offer for September 2021. All applicants will receive further details and a full programme for the day next half term.
Y12 students should return to the Academy on June 7th 2021 and will be continuing their normal timetabled lessons. Students’ primary focus during this half term should be preparation for their AP3 assessments as results from this will play a significant impact in their future career pathways. All students will be able to begin the UCAS application process next half term.
Y13 students will begin our transition programme next half term up until June 30th 2021. This programme covers a range of academic, careers and pastoral support for students. All students have received full details of the programme in a letter and assembly. We expect all students to attend the weekly virtual tutorial on each Friday at 12:30 during this period. We will also welcome Y13 students back to the Academy on June 25th 2021 for their graduation event.
Grace Academy is part of Tove Learning Trust, a multi-academy trust whose Company Registration Number is 07525820 . Registered Office Address: c/o Sponne School, Brackley Road, Towcester, Northants NN12 6DJ
Year 9 Options
Year 9 will receive confirmation of their final options on the 9th July.
Students are to complete their assessments at the beginning of our final half term. To remind you, the schedule is as follows:
- Year 10/12 (all subjects) and Year 7/8/9 (All subjects except Maths and English): Week beginning 14th June
- Year 7/8/9 Maths and English: Week beginning 21st June
Please support them in revising and preparing to the best of their ability.
- Further lessons will be delivered by our PCSOs, to our Year 8 and 10 students.
- Interventions will continue to take place by our Ethos Team, Grace Foundation Educators, Think for The Future mentor and the YMCA.
Please ensure your child continues to test twice weekly during the half term break. Results must be reported to the Academy and the NHS test and trace via the following links:
Academy results form https://forms.gle/Nw4jNjYFu5SDnbV79
Track and Trace
We do need to continue with Track and Trace. If your child tests positive for Covid-19 during the first 2 days half term break can you please enter the information requested following the link below:
Finally, I would like to encourage all students to take time with family and friends and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine during this half term break. We know how important this can be for both our physical and mental health. Of course, please also remember to follow all government guidelines.
We look forward to seeing all students return on Monday 7th June.