Grace Academy Coventry & Ofsted
At Grace Academy we take all recommendations seriously and have created an action plan that has considered the Ofsted report in May 2018 to maximise progress and outcomes for our young people and the academy as a whole. Please see below our statement of action from June 2018 to July 2019.
Statement of Action
The actions proposed in our report are:
• Ensure that all leaders systematically evaluate and track the performance of groups of students to identify trends and patterns more quickly and then take action.
• Ensure that accurate assessment information is understood by teachers and students
• Ensure that leaders use teachers’ assessments of students’ progress to intervene quickly to close any gaps in knowledge, skills and understanding.
• Ensure that recently introduced improvement strategies are embedded and lead to improved outcomes for students.
• Ensure that teachers use assessment and other information to plan activities that enable students and students to close the gaps in their learning rapidly.
• Ensure that teachers have consistently high expectations of students’ and students’ progress and what they can achieve.
• Ensure that teachers consistently apply school policies to ensure that teaching leads to strong outcomes for all groups of students and students.
• An external review of the school’s use of the pupil premium funding should be undertaken in order to assess how this aspect of leadership and management may be improved.
• To ensure consistent and effective measures are in place for to raise standards for Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare.
• To improve the effectiveness of the 6th Form through training on T&L and robust methods of monitoring of punctuality and attendance.
If you have any queries related to the above, please contact Mrs Khadeja Begum (Senior-Vice Principal) on 02476 589 000.