Thank you for your patience and understanding during these times. There have been several updates from the government over the last week and we have been working to ensure the successful implementation of the guidance given.
As we are now in national lockdown, I would like to assure you that we are all adhering to safety measures and guidance here at the Academy. We are offering on site provision for critical key worker children and vulnerable students that have confirmed attendance on site. All other students will be able to access remote learning via Google Classroom.
Online Learning and Website
Students are expected to follow the Academy’s online learning programme on ‘Google Classroom’. Each day, students will be assigned work onto their ‘Classroom’ and will be expected to complete the work as per their normal timetable. It is vital that students access these lessons, as new content will be covered to prevent any gaps in learning. There is no obligation to complete this work if an examination is scheduled, but it is advisable to catch-up in your own time. If you have any difficulties in logging on, please contact the child’s form tutor in the first instance, or Mr. Merricks (firstname.lastname@example.org) if necessary. If there are any other concerns, please contact the child’s form tutor in the first instance.
All information on updates with regards to the lockdown and the implications this has on your child’s learning will be found on the homepage of the Academy website www.coventry.graceacademy.org.uk. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your child do not hesitate in contacting the Academy reception via telephone.
Students on Site
Here is a reminder of our expectations for critical key worker children/vulnerable students who are on site.
- Arrive promptly between 8.15 and 8.30am and register their attendance with Miss R Spear.
- Wear full school uniform including appropriate footwear. There should be no jewellery and normal school regulations around makeup and nails apply.
- Go straight to the room assigned to their year group bubble and stay in that room throughout the day, with the exception of break and lunchtimes.
- When moving around the school, for example at the start and end of social time, students should move sensibly and quietly.
- Follow all staff instructions at all times.
We will inform parents if their child compromises those expectations, given the importance of correct conduct during this pandemic and lockdown. If there are serious concerns about any particular student’s behaviour or conduct we will contact parents and request they are collected from site immediately.
If you need assistance with IT equipment or support please contact your child’s Head of Year or the Academy Office and we will endeavour to help you.
We are able to request internet access on your behalf if you do not currently have this in your household and you do not have the means to acquire this. We would need to collect further information from you based upon your individual circumstances. If you require this provision please email email@example.com with your request and a member of the team will get back to you to discuss this further.
Teaching and Learning
Students will be supervised by staff working on a rota basis. This member of staff will not be directly teaching them, they will be there to support with the work set using Google Classroom or any other online platform used. If students need to speak to their class teacher, they can contact them via Google Classroom or school email. Our expectations of students remain as follows:
- To complete work set by teachers via Google Classroom.
- If students complete all work set, they should inform their supervising member of staff, so that an additional, appropriate activity can be set.
- Students should not be accessing YouTube or any gaming websites, except where instructed to do so by their class teacher to access appropriate learning content.
- Students are not to leave the room without permission
- Students must not bring any unnecessary items into school, such as sports equipment or toys/games etc.
Test and Trace
We are continuing to plan for the roll out of Test and Trace including the training of staff. It is important that we implement this efficiently, safely and accurately. Once training has been completed both staff and students attending the Academy site will be tested once consent is given. We will contact you over the coming week to inform you of the testing arrangements in more detail.
If you are worried about a child during lockdown, please contact school with any questions or queries. If you have a Safeguarding concern, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Designated Safeguarding Lead, Miss Rhiannon Spear on 02476 589 025.
These links may also be useful outside school hours:
MASH Telephone number: 02476 788 555
MASH online referral form: http://www.coventry.gov.uk/safeguardingchildren
Out of hours Emergency Duty Team: 02476 832 222
Other recommended numbers:
Childline Tel: 0800 1111
More information can be found on our website under the safeguarding tab.